Exercise Routines – Beginner Tips & Examples
We all want to have a healthy body and to look good in our swimwear.
It’s obvious, but true – if we put time and energy into some decent exercise routines on a daily basis, we’re going to reach this goal faster.
When it comes to starting a workout routine; It’s important to pick the appropriate exercise or exercises. It’s also important for beginners to know when and when not to workout.
This way, your body still has time to recover from the strenuous activities.
Shed off those unwanted pounds by going to the gym or by exercising on your own. Work on your routine and schedule with the help of these tips.
I know that you want to be in shape so here are some exercises you can try. There are basically two types: cardiovascular workouts and strength training exercises. Cardio workouts are important in any exercise program since it helps you lose weight while strengthening your heart and toning your whole body. Below are some good examples:
- Running – is an easy exercise. You don’t need any equipment but a pair of reliable running shoes (or your mp3 player if you want). You can do it within your area, park, or inside your home on your treadmill. An easier alternative to this exercise is jogging.
- Skipping rope – an excellent cardio workout. A jump rope may be an old child’s play toy but it also helps you lose a lot of calories and more importantly your unwanted weight.
- Dancing – your body may not move like Fred Astaire but I am sure that you want to dance when you hear your favorite song play. With this exercise, you can lose a lot of weight while having a good time. Try out the aerobics program in your local gym.
- Sports –any kind of sport will do as long as you constantly move and sweat. Sports that don’t require a lot of movement are not recommended, these include: bowling, fishing, darts and other sport games like these.
Aside from cardio workouts, there are some strength training exercises that are great for beginners as well:
- Bench press is done to develop your chest muscles. For a novice like you, start with a light weight but a challenging one. It should be heavy enough that you can only clear 8 to 12 reps. Do 4 sets of this exercise once a week. Take a 2 minute break between sets. Once you get used to your current weight, proceed to a heavier one the next time you return to the gym.
- Pushups can tone your arms, shoulders, back and chest. This is a very basic exercise but a very effective exercise to sculpt your body so don’t forget to include this one. Do 3 to 4 sets and do as many as you can for eact set. Take a 2 minute break between sets.
- Abdominal crunches are performed to replace your belly fat with muscles. However you should remember that, all the ab muscles in the world won’t help you get a sixpack unless you eat right and healthy.
It is important that you properly space your routine or allow two days of rest for your body to recover. It is also important that you only do your exercise for only 45 minutes to an hour. In the succeeding weeks and months, you can lengthen your workout time to an hour and 15 mins or more.
This is how you should schedule your workout routine.
- Monday – cardio workout for 45 minutes (divide into 3 so you can perform 3 kinds of cardio exercise for 25 minutes each)
- Tuesday – 15 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of cardio
- Wednesday – cardio workout for 45 minutes (same as Monday routine)
- Thursday – 15 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of cardio
- Friday – cardio workout for 45 minutes
- Saturday and Sunday – rest
It is easy to plan a beginner workout routine, isn’t it? I know that you can do it. Just put your goals in mind and you will be fit in no time. If you want to proceed and continue to advance in your strength training exercises, please consult a health instructor before trying anything serious. Good luck!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!